Q: What will it cost to clean my house?
A: The price for our house cleaning services is based on the size of your home, the condition of your home, the quantity of knick-knacks which will be handled in the cleaning process, the number of pets who reside in your home, and the frequency of your cleaning schedule.
Q: Do I need to provide my own cleaning supplies?
A: Sweet Serenity Homes provides all of our own equipment and cleaning supplies. However, if you have a special cleaning product that you particularly like, we will be glad to use your product, as long as you request and supply it for us.
Q: Do I need to be at home when your team members come to clean my house?
A: This is totally up to you. Most of our clients choose to do their errands or go to lunch with a friend while our team cleans their house. If you prefer, you may give us access to your house via key/code. Be assured that keys are kept in a locked cabinet with an assigned number, which has nothing to do with your address or name. Along with your work order to the Team Leader, key/codes are checked out on the morning of your scheduled house cleaning, and checked back into the office at the close of the day.
Q: Do you clean on the weekends?
A: Sweet Serenity Homes encourages its employees to have a healthy work-life balance, and weekends are especially important for our team to spend valuable time with their families. Therefore, we do not work evenings, weekends, or any of the main holidays.
Q: What form of payment do you accept?
A: We accept cash, check, or credit card. Clients are encouraged to leave payment on the counter for the Team Leader to pick up and return to the office.
Q: Are you insured?
A: Yes. Sweet Serenity Homes is insured, licensed in Kansas, and bonded. We carry workers’ compensation for our employees, and background checks are part of our screening process in hiring new employees.
Q: Are you hiring new associates?
A: Our door is always open to receive applications. We have high standards and take much effort to employ only those who possess characteristics which will benefit the company and the other team members.
Q: What do I need to do prior to the cleaning team visiting my home?
A: Please help us by doing the following:
- Pick up toys, clothing, and miscellaneous items.
- Put dishes into the dishwasher and clear clutter from counters.
- Make sure pets are properly kenneled or outside to allow the cleaning associates to move easily throughout your house.
- Make sure the cleaning team knows where to find trash liners for use in your trash receptacles throughout your home.
- Relax! Spend the day knowing that your home is your castle, and look forward to a fresh, new environment upon your arrival.
Q: What is meant by “average clean standard?” How do I keep my home up to average clean standard between housekeeping appointments?
A: In the professional residential cleaning industry, the phrase “average clean standard” refers to the overall condition of your home. Keeping your home up to average clean standard involves:
- Keeping the kitchen counters cleared of dirty dishes and clutter.
- Regularly gathering children’s toys and pet toys to a designated area.
- Keeping newspapers, magazines, and mail in an organized fashion.
- Putting clean clothes in drawers and/or on hangers in closets. Dirty laundry goes into the hamper, not on the floor.
- Draping wet towels are draped over racks to dry, not on the floor or furniture.
- Keeping shoes inside closets.
- Regularly cleaning toilets.
- Keeping floors free of trash or sticky debris.